2014年2月28日金曜日

7 A woman doesn't have a good sense of direction.

Do you have a good sense of direction? I have none… The other day, I was asked to take participants of a seminar to a restaurant the event organizer booked in advance. Of course she gave me a map that said a detailed way to the restaurant. However, I totally misread the map and ended up taking them to the wrong place. I really envy a person who has a good sense of direction. 

Last Sunday, we finally held my son’s birthday party that had been put off because it had been snowing a lot and I couldn’t buy any groceries. I ordered a pizza delivery for that party, but the time I told the staff on the phone has been already passed. I went out to look around my house and found a biker wandering. I raised and waved my hand so that the biker could notice me. Although I thought the biker was a man, I realized it was a young girl who looked a high school student after taking off her helmet. Umm,,, it seems true that a woman tends to have a poor sense of direction. She murmured “Maybe it's only me who has been lost among the bikers who made a delivery.” I sympathized with her as if I was looking at myself. Anyway I was relieved that it didn't look like I was a backseat driver. However, I don’t know if this attitude came from the sympathy that I felt with a person who didn’t have a good of direction or if I was just hungry.



sense of direction・・・方向感覚
ordered a pizza delivery・・・宅配ピザを注文した
murmured・・・つぶやいた
backseat driver・・・おせっかい

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿