2014年3月9日日曜日

9 Cashier is greater than me...!

When I was a high school student, I worked part-time job in a ramen shop. Actually, I was fed up with a tennis club in the high school because of extremely harsh training, so I quit and started working there. The ramen shop was always busy and crowded. The ordering machine was broken, so I had to take a memo by hand, taking orders from customers. Sometimes, customers ordered so quickly that I couldn’t follow what the customers had said. It forced me to just remember the orders without taking any memos. That caused me to make a lot of mistakes on orders. As a result, I quit a few weeks later. 

At that time, I was really disappointed at my ability. I thought why I didn’t remember even the orders from customers…and why I couldn’t follow through on what I had decided to do.

That’s to say, I am the type of the person who can’t deal with a job in fast-paced environment. However, looking back now, I realized that there are jobs that don't suit your personality and your preference. I can say that because I continued working in a cram school for 4 years when I was a college student. I could keep own my pace in job and nobody prompted me to do something. I could take time to prepare for my lesson as long as I could. I feel comfortable in such an environment. So,  I’m still teaching. 

Sometimes people say that I’m great because I have an ability to teach in front of students. However, looking at the person who is processing products at a register, I think the person is much greater than me. I know I would have a long long waiting line at my cashier. 

Today, when I was waiting in long line at a register to buy some bread and saw a cashier proceeding very quickly, I was sure that I couldn't do that. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿