2014年3月26日水曜日

10 Transparent toilet!?

I don’t know if it is good idea or not to construct a transparent toilet in Japan. Apparently, it was built after one in Europe. Actually, in Europe, I guess that it was made to prevent the dangerous situations such as violent assault and drug consumption. When I was staying in Australia, I saw public toilets with green lights. According to the residents, it was aimed at avoiding drug injection. Apparently, you can’t see your blood vessels in green lights. Maybe, this transparent toilet has the same purpose.

We will have a hard time getting used to the workings of the toilet. The way it works is that a sensor will detect you every 35 seconds if you move. Otherwise, the wall will turn transparent if there is no motion. Soon after the toilet became available, it was reported that a woman was humiliated because of this system. I can’t imagine how  ashamed she was…!! The TV program that reported this incident tested how much you have to move to be detected by the sensor. It reported that inclining your head was not enough. 

While I’m in a toilet, I tend to think about something I have in mind because the small compartment is very suitable to make me relax. However, if I’m forced to move every 35 seconds, it will be nothing less than disturbing my peaceful moment in a toilet.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿