2014年7月3日木曜日

16 Is a text message supplementary role?

Do you think text message is one of the important communication tools? If I’m asked the same thing, I would say “ of course.”(Unfortunately, I don’t have smart phone, though. )

For example, I haven’t met many friends for a long time because of my busy life. The thing which makes us keep the bond with each other is text messaging. I exchange messages with my friend as if I'm talking with my friends. 

The message can be long sometimes, but if I receive quick response from my friend, I give a short message in hope that I can continue to get a response soon. I don’t care about the length of the message. The most important thing is to tell what I want to say and to make sure receiver can understand what I want to tell. 

However, recently I received a short message which didn’t seem to make sense. I thought it must have been a joke and didn’t take it seriously. It is OK. Some of messages we send must be just an entertainment as long as each other understands that they don’t include any serious meanings. However, if how it’s received is different, it would cause a rift in relationships. If you send serious messages and receiver replies with a joke, the receiver may lose your credit.

I don’t know how important a text message tool is, but I may consider it just a supplementary role to keep communication with others. If I need to tell complicated things or mixed feelings, maybe I should call directly. Still, sometimes I hesitate to call, concerning the time and the receiver’s condition. I would have a hard time getting used to consider a text message just a supplementary tool. 

take it seriously:真剣に受け取らない
how it’s received is different:受け取られ方が違う
cause a rift:亀裂が生じる
lose your credit :信頼を失う
mixed feelings:曖昧な気持ち

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿