2014年5月9日金曜日

14 Can you cultivate a new habit?

It seems that now many companies have introduced flextime to encourage employees to work more effectively and to give them more choices for work.

Actually, my husband’s company is one of them. Beginning in April, the flextime was adopted. My husband is not a morning person at all. He usually stays up late and has difficulty getting up even at 6 o’clock. I thought he wouldn’t change even after the flextime started. It seemed next to impossible for him to get up earlier. 

However, he said “It is worth a try. The ideal life style is to get to work early and get back home early.” It sounded like a joke, but I realized that he meant it. From the beginning of April, he got up one hour earlier than usual. He got on the first train and came back home around 6 o’clock. Not only on the day, but the following days, so his challenge paid off. 

Now, he keeps this life style, going to the office early and coming back early. He successfully cultivated a new habit. He must be happy to have more free time after he gets back home. However, I know his previous life style will still continue but only on Saturday and Sunday. Since April first, I’ve never seen him getting up early on Sunday. Anyway, it can’t be helped. He needs to wind down on weekends. I will let him sleep as long as he wants. Oh, what a good wife I am!

 introduced flextime: フレックスを導入した
morning person 朝型の人
 It seemed next to impossible 殆ど不可能に思われる
It is worth a try 試す価値はある
he meant it 彼は本気だった
cultivated a new habit. 新しい習慣を身につけた 
 it can’t be helped 仕方がない

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿