2014年2月14日金曜日

2 This is a professional manner

I and my husband went to hardware store near my house to have a look at some bikes for our two year old son a few weeks ago. I picked up a bike, which lookedsuitable for him, and asked the owner in a bike department to adjust the seat.I asked him “Do you think this bike is appropriate for him? Is it too big forhim?”.

 I got an unexpected reply from him. He said “I think you should go tosecondhand store. New one would be waste of money.”, explaining that we willneed to buy bigger one for our son only a couple years later and used one wouldbe enough for kids.

Theowner looked awkward and unfriendly first because his words sounded like I wasnot allowed to buy anything here. I remained silence for a while as if I made awrong decision to come here.

However,I came to know what he was getting at. As he said, my son doesn’t need to buy abrand-new bike because we just expect him to know not how to “ride” but how to “sit”on the bike as a first step.

Aweek later, my husband and I went to a secondhand store and found a good one.The used bike looked almost brand new and it was more than enough for my son.In addition, the price is at half price of new one!!

NowI really appreciate that he suggests me go to a secondhand store without chasingonly his profit. I really thank his professional manner. 

hardware store:(日本でいう)ホームセンター
secondhand store:リサイクルショップ
more than enough:十分すぎる
chasing only his profit:利益を追い求める

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿