2014年3月3日月曜日

8 The doctor's words scared me very much!

A few months ago, I found a lump around my shoulder while I was soaking in a bath tub. I searched what kind of lump it was and I knew that most of this kind of lump around the shoulder could be benign and wouldn’t progress to malignant state.

Still, if there is a tiny possibility to be malignant, I’m sure that it would be the best way to remove itt. I’m not the type of the person who wants to take an action right away. I'm more of the type of person who wants to procrastinate things as much as possible. However, I found the essay from someone’s blog, which said her lump was getting bigger and it left a big scar when removed. That story prompted me to make a decision quickly.

When I went to see a doctor, the doctor suggested me have an operation on the same day. I agreed with him and I was asked to lie down on the examination table. The doctor said “I will inject a painkiller.” before he cut into my shoulder. I thought “What is painkiller?? Isn’t it an anesthesia? Does it just ease the pain!?” Maybe he just avoided saying a kind of jargon like an anesthesia. However, it made me more nervous!!

In addition, he said “if you feel pain on your shoulder, please let me know.” when he was about to cut into my shoulder…. I couldn’t imagine how painful it would be if the anesthesia didn’t work well. 

Fortunately, it worked and I didn’t feel anything.
Actually, I was very scared of not the operation but of what the doctor said. Doctors should take extra care of  their words…


 I was soaking in a bath tub・・・湯船につかる
benign・・・良性の
malignant state・・・悪性
wants to procrastinate things as much as possible・・・出来るだけ物事を先延ばししたい
examination table・・・診察台
ease the pain・・・痛みを和らげる
jargon・・・専門用語

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿