2014年4月22日火曜日

12 What is in my son's lunch box?

About a week has already passed since my son entered kindergarten.
Although he sometimes refused to put on his uniform and go to the kindergarten, I didn’t have any difficulty dealing with it.

One of my friends has her son the same age as my son. She seems to be in trouble because he bitterly cries every day and refuses to go to his kindergarten. It might sound like she babies her son, but she reluctantly decided to go to the kindergarten with him, and wait and see how the things go. If I were her, I would encourage him to be on his own whatever it takes. Once he notices he can manage by himself, he will cope with everything on his own. 

Anyway, today was the first day for my son to bring his lunch box. Actually, this is what I have been worried about. Although he is not picky, he is basically not interested in food. 

When I was preparing his lunch, I was thinking a lot of things. For example, I was wondering how I can encourage him to eat, what he might be happy to see in the lunch box, and I put some fruit to make the lunch colorful and favorably compare with other’s lunches. (Maybe he might be too busy with handling his lunch on his own to compare his lunch with others, though)
I couldn't put many items in his small lunch box, but I put my LOVE in his box. 

I realized how much I cut corners when I make my husband’s lunch box. Whenever I prepare it, I have nothing in my mind…. 

her son the same age as my son:私の息子と同じ年齢の息子
he bitterly cries:彼は激しく泣く
wait and see how the things go:成り行きを見守る
favorably compare with:引けを取らない


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿